The 3rd Annual Wings & Wildflowers Festival is just around the corner. We hope you can join us for new and exciting field trips and activities.
Here are some recommended activities.
- Segway trips at Emeralda Marsh - These Segways can travel where an automobile cannot. You may see several types of wildlife not seen before.
- Breakfast with Paddy Cunningham – You will enjoy breakfast with Paddy at Lakeside Inn and then go on a walk with Paddy to locate birds and wildlife in Mount Dora.
- Dinner with Greg Miller – Greg Miller is known as the consultant for the move “The Big Year” in 2011. Greg has a great sense of humor and will inspire you to be an avid bird watcher!
- Central Florida Zoo and Gatorland – This year both the Central Florida Zoo and Gatorland will be participating in the festival. They will have animals to observe and learn about.
- New Activities for Children – Children of all ages will be able to learn how to plant, compliments of Ag. 3, Inc. and there will be a no charge butterfly tent.
Inside Classrooms – This year because the City of Leesburg has so graciously partnered with us, there will be air conditioned classrooms and most exhibitors will be inside.
- New Food Trucks – Grandma’s BBQ, Ida Jean’s Kettle Corn, Flaming Pizza will be some of the food trucks participating this year.
- 5K Run – Saturday morning you can participate in the 5K run throughout City of Leesburg and Venetian Gardens. All proceeds are going to the Ornithological Society & Rails for Trails.
- There will be a silent auction to benefit, Lake Beautyberry Chapter, Trout Lake Nature Center, Pear Association and the Ocklawaha Valley Audubon Society.
So now that you are excited and want to register for the activities and keynote dinners, go to this link: http://www.wingsandwildflowers.com/Activities