|USA’s Largest 3-Day Motorcycle Rally & Music Event: A FREE First Class One-of-a-Kind Spectacular!|
Leesburg, FL – The 16th Annual Leesburg Bikefest, the country’s largest 3-Day motorcycle rally and music event, takes place April 27 – 29, 2012. An estimated 300,000 bikers and concert goers are expected to arrive in Leesburg, Florida via motorcycle, car and bus to catch the FREE event with 70+ concerts, 250+ vendors and multiple special events and shows at 12 entertainment venues.
An Early Arrivals Party kicks off at the Gator Harley-Davidson Dealership on Thursday, April 26 at 9:00am with a complete lineup of music, vendors, food and fun! PLUS the Famous Rat’s Hole Bar and Opera House Saloon in downtown will open their doors at 3:00pm for all who are in town and ready to start the party early!
Harley-Davidson Insurance joins longtime sponsors Budweiser & Gator Harley-Davidson to help bring an outstanding motorcycle event to biker enthusiasts during the largest 3-day motorcycle rally and music event in the United States. Headline greats Firehouse and Seven Mary Three will entertain the masses on Friday and Saturday at 9:30pm respectively.
Exciting new things are on tap for the 16th Annual Leesburg Bikefest.
• Expanded event area to include 4 locations. The newest venue is Jesse Black Saloon, which joins downtown Leesburg, Gator Harley-Davidson and Mission Inn’s Marina del Rey.
• Over 70 concerts with a variety of genres – Rock, Top 40, Country, Pop, Blues and Acoustic artists.
• Hooters is pleased to present a line of their hottest contestants to compete for titles of Ms. Bikefest, Ms. Ratmate, and Ms. Gator Harley.
• The Southern Dirt Track Association is celebrating Flat Track Racing by hosting two meet- and-greet events, with 2008 AMA (American Motorcyclist Association) Grand National Champion Kenny Coolbeth Jr., along with other racers and AMA Pros and expert riders.
• Event promoter Leesburg Partnership, kicks off the enhanced “No Bike Required” safety campaign by teaming up with the Lake Xpress Park n’ Ride Shuttle services to offer many more stops in Mount Dora, Eustis, Tavares, Leesburg, Fruitland Park, Lady Lake and The Villages. This provides attendees a hassle-free ride and drop off in downtown for $1/each way or $3/per day.
• Rolling Thunder and the Gamblers are arranging two Poker Rides for charity. Both rides provide motorcyclists a scenic ride through the back roads of Lake County, Florida, while raising money for Monuments & Memorials honoring POWs/MIAs, American Cancer Society and Happy Hills Ministries.
Old Favorites are bigger and better than ever. The Rat's Hole Custom Bike Show, 3rd Annual Leesburg Bikefest Tattoo Expo, Drill Teams, Team X-treem, Ride Like A Pro safety demonstrations and American Motordrome's Wall of DEATH will have numerous shows and demonstrations throughout the weekend.
People can also watch the event day or night via the Internet. Three simulcast options will be available: 1.) party in Towne Square, including concerts and the Ms. Bikefest competition; 2.) the never ending parade of motorcycles on Main Street and 3) events from the Jager stage, including concerts, the Rat’s Hole Custom bike show and the Ms. Rat’s Mate contest. There will also be behind- the-scenes interviews and much more. The simulcast feeds can be seen by clicking on the “Catch it Live” link at LeesburgBikefest.com, powered by Clickorlando.com and Century Link.
The Leesburg Partnership, the event promoter, spends all year planning and arranging every detail to make the experience of Bikefest all it can be. There are thousands of volunteers working in areas such as merchandise tents, beverage stations, road crews, set-up crews and parking lots, etc., to raise funds to support its programs throughout the year. In 2011 the Leesburg Partnership tracked and wrote checks in the amount of $132,283.00
Great things will be happening all during the event, we invite all to LIKE –FOLLOW-SUBCRIBE on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Foursquare. For up to date information, visit www.LeesburgBikefest.com.