53rd Annual Leesburg Christmas Parade Application
December 5th 2020 – 6pm
This year show us your Holiday Spirit.
All entries should incorporate the Holiday theme, so be creative and have fun!
A registration fee of $40.00 is required with submission of the application by November 14, 2020. After this date, the registration fee will increase to $50.00.
This fee includes one (1) entry (float or walking/marching groups) and one (1) support vehicle (truck, car, or tractor). Car Clubs are allowed a maximum of 4 vehicles. Additional vehicles may be added for $25.00 per vehicle.
If your application is not approved the registration fee will be returned.
The following organizations are exempt from the entry fee:
City of Leesburg & Lake County Government, Veteran Organizations and Lake County School Groups.
All Application must be submitted by November 30, 2020
Groups or organizations approved to participate will be notified by phone or email and lineup instructions will be sent out the week of the parade.
BEFORE FILLING OUT THE FORM
Please review the form and have the necessary information before filling it out.
NOTE: A brief description of your organization about 100 words long for is required on the form. This is for the Emcee to read as you pass the judges stand during the parade and what people in the audience and watching on Lake Front TV will hear.
The Leesburg Police Department, under the leadership of The Chief Robert Hicks, is a very progessive law enforcement agency with more than 71 sworn officers, 28 full-time civilians, 13 part-time school crossing guards, and 6 Citizens on Patrol volunteers. The Leesburg Police Department exists to protect and serve its citizens. The department is committed to work in partnership with all citizens for the mutual purpose of promoting safe streets and neighborhoods, reducing fear of crime, and improving the overall quality of life within the community.
The Leesburg Police Department wished everyone a Very Happy and Safe Holiday Season!
General Rules and Procedures:
1. ALL ENTRIES MUST HAVE LIGHTING (ex. Christmas lights, spotlights…). Music is encouraged.
2. Throwing candy from moving units is very dangerous to parade viewers and is prohibited. Please have costumed walkers hand candy to children.
3. Please remember to adhere to the parade theme and decorate your entry accordingly. We encourage unique creativity…the more lights and holiday sounds, the BETTER!
4. Float entries must also have safety walkers dressed in COSTUME in the spirit of the Holidays.
5. Valid Florida Driver’s License are required by any operator of any Motorized vehicles i.e. golf carts, cars, trucks, tractors and motorcycles.
6. Entries with gas generators must be equipped with a certified fire extinguisher.
7. Non-commercial floats must be a single platform to ensure the safety of riders from structure collapse.
8. Entries, other than marching units, must provide a list of participants (first and last name) to Leesburg Partnership prior to the start.
9. Leesburg Partnership, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to prohibit any entry from participating in the parade.
10. Recommended float specifications are: Maximum height-12 feet — Maximum width-10 feet — Maximum length-50 feet
11. All entries must be decorated, lit, and in the theme of the Holidays. Please use creativity! ABSOLUTELY NO Entries will be allowed solely for advertising their business.
12. Performance groups must limit their routines to 1 minute.
13. Political candidates or publicity of social issues or targeted special interest groups are not permitted in the Leesburg Christmas Parade.
14. The Official Santa will be riding in the Leesburg Fire Department Fire Truck at the end of the parade. Please do not attempt to represent the official Santa in your entry.
15. Animal walkers are required and must be in Costume! Owners MUST provide waste removers! During line-up and throughout the Parade. NO exceptions!
16. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Groups with children walking should provide appropriate adult supervision (we recommend 1 adult for every 8 children). Children under that age of 4 may not be able to keep up the pace and should be riding on float, in vehicle or decorated stroller.
17. Trophies will be awarded in the following categories:
Best Marching Group/Band
Best Float Best City Dept. Entry
Best Miscellaneous Cars & Trucks Best Twirler/Dance Group
Plaques will be present immediately following the parade at the viewing stand located on Main Street directly across from Towne Square. Please send at least one adult representative to await awards.